RE: [squid-users] newbie help another try

From: Elsen Marc <elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 15:09:24 +0100

> Still trying to set up squid for the first time, and still
> cant get anything thru it.
> Its been pointed out to me the default setting are to block
> all, so I gone through the config and
> set http access allow all
> as well as setting the allowed network to be allowed, but
> squid is still blocking all http.
> access log is

  - The default setting is NOT to block all.
    Define your (users) network in acl terms and allow http access
    from that network to squid.

  Do NOT use :

       http_access allow all

 It makes your squid prone to misuse from external (internet) hosts.

> I'm a bit stuck, I can send the conf file if need be ,
> Does tcp need to be allowed as well as http ?

 SQUID runs on top of tcp as being a http proxy.
 That question is meaningless.

 M.