Re: [squid-users] Problem with unparseable HTTP header field

From: James Gray <james_gray@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 07:53:40 +1100

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 12:45 am, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> When I surf to http://www.abstractserver.de/da2005/avi/e/Abs_revi.htm
> and enter any number/character and click "Submit my query", I get an
> error page ("Invalid Response" The HTTP Response message received from
> the contacted server could not be understood or was otherwise
> malformed. Please contact the site operator. Your cache administrator
> may be able to provide you with more details about the exact nature of
> the problem if needed. ) and in my cache.log:

I've been following this thread with interest as I experienced similar
problems with a website after "apt-get upgrade" last week to 2.5S7 in Debian
(Woody + backports.org). If it makes you feel any better, a local site is
(was) pulling the same stunt: http://www.ht.com.au/

I called their IT people yesterday and gave them the details to which they
were rather receptive. Indeed, they had $CLUE. They called me back in the
afternoon to advise they had installed a patch at their end and wanted me to
test it. Working again - balance is restored and the good guys (us) win :)

Disclaimer: I don't go to that site often, but it was working yesterday.

Cheers,

James