[squid-users] Re: squid-3.0 on Fedora Core 1 & 3

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:49:35 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Sushil Deore wrote:

> ya, manual creation of the cache dir helped a little bit but with the
> -DNYCd3 parameters, the daemon becomes very slow and even after several
> hrs its not stopping its action and I need to keep it running in the
> background.

With the options above the daemon will start in foreground mode, printing
diagnostics output on the screen.

It's not the options to use for normal usage.

> /usr/local/squid/sbin/squid -k check 'OR'
>
> /usr/local/squid/sbin/squid -k parse
>
> problem of Memory pools 'off' remains same as that was before but the
> daemon starts as I am running it in the background.

The "Memory pools" message is a cosmetic defect in the Squid-3 development
snapshots and will be fixed before Squid-3.0 is released in a STABLE
release suitable for production use.

Regards
Henrik,