[squid-users] How to overwrie the cache

From: Software CIAT <software@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 08:06:17 -0500

Hi, I've installed squid on a Sun Server (Solaris 8). Some one in this list
told me about the configure squid.conf file using only the 50% of the free
space in the filesystem where the cache directory was installed

For example we have a /data filesystem with 30 GB available and we
configuring the squid.conf with this parameters cache_dir ufs /data 14000
32 256 (14000 is the 50% aprox. of the 30 GB and we increase the 16
directorys to 32) this configuration are working very well, however when
the cache directory (/data) have 14 GB the squid still up but the users on
our network can't to browser to internet. The reason is the cache directory
is over limit (14 GB, the squid's configuration file has stablisehd 14000).

The question is how can i do to avoid delete the cache when the size of the
filesystem is 14000, there is some way to overwrite the chache directory?

Thanks a lot for you help

Fabian