Re: [squid-users] ftp

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 15:36:30 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, Ian Morgan wrote:

> The folder ftp://x.x.x.x is read-only because the proxy server is not setup
> to allow full access.
>
> To move, paste rename or delete files, you must use a different proxy.

Squid supports uploading of filers, but MSIE to our best knowledte does
not support uploading of files via HTTP proxies such as Squid.

Use Mozilla for a better result.

Microsoft is very quiet about this limitation of MSIE but you can find
some information on the subject here:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;199376

Note: in their terminology here CERN Style proxies == HTTP proxies.

If you have a Microsoft support contract then I suggest using this to
convince Microsoft to implement support for FTP upload via HTTP proxies
using the HTTP PUT method.