[squid-users] How to configure Squid to behave like Netscape-Proxy?

From: Simon Liu <macdeveloper@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 15:17:24 +0000

Hi,

My application accesses a Shoutcast server which does not return HTTP
headers, but instead returns its own custom headers, followed by
binary data.

Some users are have reported that when behind a Netscape Proxy, the
proxy inserts its own HTTP response header, before the server's actual
response. I am not sure but I guess the proxy detects that the
server's reponse is missing a HTTP response, so it constructs one.

I would like to know if it is possible to configure Squid to behave
like the Netscape Proxy, and insert a HTTP response header. That way,
I can do local testing to ensure my app handles this situation.

Thanks. Any advice appreciated.
--Simon

GET http://64.62.149.130:8000/ HTTP/1.1
Host: 64.62.149.130:8000