Re: [squid-users] Strange HTTP Header causing error message from squid to user

From: Mark Wiater <mwiater@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 16:58:34 -0500

On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 10:42 +1300, Reuben Farrelly wrote:
> If it has a malformed Date, Server and Connection header, then it is
> very very broken, and likely makes no sense to squid. It probably makes
> no sense to your browser either, but it likely just ignores it. You're
> really asking "why does something which is obviously broken not work?" ;-)

Afraid of that. I guess I knew I was asking whether that was malformed
or not.

> Can you tell us what the URL is?

I would have included it in the original post, but needed to check on
the answer to that question myself.

http://survey2.opinionresearch.com/surveys/1417506start.htm?
_s=34732ENG-410215

I used both ethereal and liveheaders in firefox to determine what was in
the http headers.

> Have you specified the relaxed_header_parser directive in your
> squid.conf, and if so, what is it set to? There is an explanation about
> this in your squid.conf.

I have not. There is not such directive in my squid.conf.

> What version of squid are you using? (squid -v)
2.5 stable8, it's an rpm package for Fedora Core 3.

squid-2.5.STABLE8-1.FC3.1

> I know, heaps of questions, but this is coming up as a daily question on
> this mailing list...
>
> Reuben

Thanks

mark