Re: [squid-users] How to Squid-Websense

From: Brett Lymn <blymn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 09:40:42 +1030

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 01:47:43PM -0500, Corey Tyndall wrote:
> I get the same error when entering in Filtering service IP addr.
>
> "The Filtering Service provided does not
> support a remote plug-in. Select another Filtering
> Service".
>
> Any ideas??

Yes, install the policy server on the linux machine and push the policy
to the linux machine. I am not entirely sure why you don't want to do
this. At the risk of sounding like a Websense salesdroid, the Websense
infrastructure is quite flexible and can be distributed quite well. You
_can_ centralise your policy management and push the policy to the
squid proxies. You _don't_ have to run the network agent on the same machine,
you _can_ send your logs to the win2k machine. Why do you both insist on
making the win2k box do everything when it does not need to?

--
Brett Lymn