[squid-users] browser access internet fail, but from terminal NSlookup ok

From: Yong Bong Fong <bfyong@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 07:48:00 +0800

Dear all,

   I have a squid proxy that is supposed to server a few clients. It was
without problem till yesterday when browsing seems to failed from the
web browser.
It showed the "Connection failed" error page. I can't find any error
message in my log files, all the log files seem to show nothing good
outcome.

However from the terminal, nslookup fed back instant replies. I am not
sure why it doesn't work from my web browser, the proxy server itself
happened to have the same problem too, is this a squid problem or is it
something else?

please help me if possible..thanks!

Regards
yong