Re: [squid-users] multiple vhosts problem

From: Michael Pye <michael@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:51:00 +0000

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 04:40:05PM +0100, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> This depends on how you set up Squid.
>
> http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/199811/0609.html
>
> The most common error causing the symptoms you describe is having a
> redirector squashing the URLs of multiple vhosts into one..

Many thanks - this was exactly what I was doing, squashing many URLs
into a few in an attempt to load balance requests over a few web
servers.

I've since decided to leave the URLs as they are and not use a
redirector, but let squid think that all vhosts that come in are local,
(they are in the local hosts file as 127.0.0.1) and let a small load
balancing binary (balance from http://www.inlab.de/balance.html) farm
out the requests to the web servers.

Thanks,

--