Re: [squid-users] multiple vhosts problem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:57:28 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, Michael Pye wrote:

> I've since decided to leave the URLs as they are and not use a
> redirector, but let squid think that all vhosts that come in are local,
> (they are in the local hosts file as 127.0.0.1) and let a small load
> balancing binary (balance from http://www.inlab.de/balance.html) farm
> out the requests to the web servers.

Provided your web servers is not sensitive on the host name you cna still
use a redirector, just make sure to rewrite to a unique host name per
vhost per server.

Personally I prefer letting Squid do the load balancing via the cache_peer
directive, but admittedly with standard Squid you are somewhat limited in
the load balancing algorithms.