Re: [squid-users] Multiple authentication schemes

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 23:37:21 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, Graeme Bisset wrote:

> I was wondering if it was possible to have multiple proxy_auth acls at
> once? i.e. Can I use the NTLM authentication auth helper for one subnet
> and use another type of helper (not NTLM) for another subnet?

You can't use different authentication schemes or backends depending on
the subnet, but you can limit groups of users to certain subnets if
desired.

proxy_auth or other authentication related acls always uses all your
configured schemes for the login process. All the acls define is who of
the authenticated users is allowed access. How users authenticate is
solely defined by auth_param.

proxy_auth is a explicit login match to the authenticated username,
matching a list of valid usernames or the magic REQUIRED matching all
usernames. There is also several other acls requiring authentication. In
Squid-2.5 the complete list of authentication based acls are:

   proxy_auth
   proxy_auth_regex
   external with an external_acl_type referring to %LOGIN