[squid-users] Filtering content for 1 user

From: Brad <baskew91@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:39:23 -0600

I have one user that requires special filtering. This user has a list
of allowed sites, and all other sites are to be blocked. Squid is
setup for content filtering, ads, porn, etc. and all is grand, but this
one user is the only user with these special considerations. I am
using basic auth, and I haven't figured out a way to get this one user
to be able to authenticate and still block the sites. The way I have
it now, the users sites that are allowed, are allowed, the rest come up
as "Access denied" (which is good) but there is no prompting for
authentication. Even though this still gets the work done for the most
part, it would be nice to figure a way for it to behave for this user
the same as it does for the other users, i.e., get prompted for a
password when 1st bringing up the web browser. My guess would be that
http_access lines are ordered improperly.

Warm regards,
Brad