Re: [squid-users] squid_ldap_group user authorization

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 22:29:54 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Ytzhak Levy wrote:

> How can I authorize specific users using squid_ldap_group ?
>
> I'd make tests and notice that in prompt, squid_ldap_auth asks for a login and a GROUP, not a login name and a PASSWORD.
>
> What helper should I use to authorize users by the pair login password and verify if a certain user belongs to a certain group ?

You use squid_ldap_auth for the authentication (login + password), then
squid_ldap_group for authorization (login + group).

The two is called from different directives in squid.conf. squid_ldap_auth
is called from auth_param, while squid_ldap_group is called from the
external_acl directive. Se the manual of each tool for details.