Re: [squid-users] assertion failed: HttpHeader.c:664: "strBuf(s)"

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 22:40:47 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, zottmann wrote:

> As the Bugzilla database doesnīt state the Stable version to with the patch
> applies (or, at least, I didnīt find it), I would like to know if this patch
> applies to the version that we are running.

Patches in bugzilla applies to the Squid sources at the time the patch was
published in bugzilla, not a specific STABLE release.

But as you did indicate you are running 2.5.STABLE7-20050124 then I can
tell you for sure that the version you are running is plauged by the
problem this patch-for-a-patch in bugzilla corrects. I don't remember
exacly when the problem was introduced but it was some weeks before the
above date.

> Even if it does is it better to upgrade to Stable9?

Keeping current is always recommended, especially so if you have trouble
with the version you use today, and certainly so if you are unsure about
the patch status of the version you use today.