Re: [squid-users] Large setup, squid load-balancing problem.

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:32:11 +0100

On 21.03 16:20, Juhani Tali wrote:
> I have a 2 level setup
> 1-st level is local squid, eg. squid-office that forward all non-local
> traffic to 2-nd level squids.

just one machine/process? that could be single point of failure...

> 2-nd level are 4 parent squid servers: squid1, squid2, squid3, squid4.
> (2 servers, 2 processes to use both cpu-s)
>
> It would be nice to load-balance the parents and if one of the parents
> should go down then to make it more reliable.

> ---
> One way might be to add to all 1-st level squids parents to
> squid-office.conf
> cache_peer cache1 parent 3128 7 no-query no-digest default weight=2
> cache_peer cache2 parent 3128 7 no-query no-digest default weight=1
> Will this work with no-query?

I would not setup no-query. I would set up parent proxy for relationship
with each of those squid instances, based on true ICP (on different
ports/ips).

the 1st-level proxy can decide who to use as parent for each request.

Fucking windows! Bring Bill Gates! (Southpark the movie)