Re: [squid-users] Squid -> Homepage

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:37:06 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

> that doesn't seem like proxypac script. That defines how to create custom
> netscape packages, not proxy autoconfiguration.

Correct.

> (I haven't tried setting browser.startup.page variable in that script,
> that might work...but might not)

I would not be suprised if it did work.. but if it does work it is highly
browser specific.

There is however some hidden Netscape config parameters to make Netscape
download a central configuration file. Don't know the exact details but it
shouldn't be too hard to find if you look for it. It is related to the
above custom netscape packages as it requires a hidden configuration
change to be activated (not possible via the preferences screens).

I think MSIE have something similar, but on Windows this kind of settings
is often easier to do via login scripts.