Re: [squid-users] http partial caching

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:48:33 +0100

On 22.03 17:19, Jun OKAJIMA wrote:
> How it goes about partial caching?. I mean, if you only fetch 5MB
> from middle of uncached 100MB file by http range request, where this 5MB goes?

it will be stored unless your configuration (e.g. maximum_object_size)
don't prevent it from caching. Note also quick_abort_* settings.
I'm not sure which size is used to decide when storing a file, probably
it's the whike object size, not size of downloaded data.

> It is stored for next access? or just abandoned?
> >From descrption below, it seems be nothing implemented regretfully even
> when we use squid 3.0 devel.
> http://devel.squid-cache.org/storepartial/

- Holmes, what kind of school did you study to be a detective?
- Elementary, Watson.