Re: [squid-users] http partial caching

From: Jun OKAJIMA <okajima@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 19:19:09 +0900

Okay, I have confirmed my understanding most. Thank you very much.

This would be the final question.

When user X have downloaded the first 30MB of 100MB file, and still
keeps downloading the rest without disconnect.
In this moment, if user Y starts to download the same file, What happens?
Squid fetches same file again? or can pass the partial cache of user X?

Probably, the answer seems to be "it fetches again in both squid 2.x and 3.0."
My guessing is right? if so, how about squid 3.1 which supports partial data?

What I am asking is a situation like a class room which uses streaming video
for science education. Students clicks same contents at same time. But maybe
they dont see the video from start to end. They want to see a part which they
have interested in on demand. This is the reason I have asked about partial
caching.

I hope squid 3.1 solves all problems and will come soon ;).

                  ---- Okajima, Jun. Tokyo, Japan.