[squid-users] ask more about incremental ping

From: dwi amk <dwi.amk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 21:16:07 +0700

Dear Henrik and all,

I have a question about dns lookup in squid, I've ever read about how
squid effects on incremental ping caused by not well configured dns on
OS layer.

I think I'm in this situation right now, pinging back to normal when I
stop squid, but after several hours ping increasing to the number
let's say more than 10000ms.

I use satellite connection 256/1024kbps.

My box runs FreeBSD 5.3 with 3GB of RAM

this is my /etc/resolv.conf:
domain mydomain #single address domain
nameserver itsownip

My LAN does not have dns naming, I run my own dns server using
bind9.3.0, this box doing natd too, and squid's not running
transparently.

This is how my squid configured:
--enable-truncate --disable-unlinkd --prefix=/server/squid
--enable-underscores --enable-err-languages=English
--enable-kill-parent-hack --enable-removal-policies
--enable-storeio=aufs,ufs,diskd --enable-delay-pools
--enable-xmalloc-statistics --disable-internal-dns

I've tried both enable and disable internal dns

I use line cache_mem 1024 MB on squid.conf

I need enlightment from you guys

Regards,

::DAMK::