Re: [squid-users] ask more about incremental ping

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:18:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005, dwi amk wrote:

> I think I'm in this situation right now, pinging back to normal when I
> stop squid, but after several hours ping increasing to the number
> let's say more than 10000ms.

Then you most likely have some kinds of requests clogging up your
bandwidth. By stopping Squid you stop all ongoing requests at the time.

This should not be DNS releated at all.

You can use the cachemgr vm_objects function to see currently ongoing
requests. You should also see them in access.log when you shut down Squid.