Re: [squid-users] Squid-2.5STABLE9 CPU usage problem

From: netcraft <netcraft@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:36:56 +0800

these two options will decrease your connections and therefore descrease
the cpu usage of select/poll system call. If you have not many small files to
transfer in one connection between the client and squiid, you will benefit from
the "client_persistent_connections off" option.

Also I suggest you to close client_db if you use squid as reverse proxy or
accelerator, because the hashtable for collecting client information only has
467 buckets, compare to the potential user on the internet, it's too small.
and the collision of the hashtable access will eat up your cpu day after day.