Re: [squid-users] Squid-2.5STABLE9 CPU usage problem

From: netcraft <netcraft@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:23:40 +0800

thank you and I will have a try.

I set maximum_object_size_in_memory to 256 KB because our pages are large.
We have found that it's a good idea to use squid to accelerate some dynamic
website, for example: forum. because most people just browsing and reading
in a forum. when they post something, we just open a tcp connection and send
a PURGE command to squid. by using this method, our app server's load has
descrease to 10% and even less.

The only problem I've met is the increasing cpu usage. I am trying to
find if the
problem was caused by my mis-configuration.