Re: [squid-users] what the difference b/w htcp / proxy only

From: Askar <askar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 12:23:15 +0500

Elsen Marc wrote:

>>cache_peer Mysecondcache sibling 3128 4827 htcp proxy-only
>>3128 4827 htcp proxy-only
>>
>>you mean its of no benefit to specify
>>
>>3128 4827 htcp proxy-only
>>
>>while configureing cache_peer?
>>

> - Depends on your requirements ; htcp is a more advanced inter cache
>protocol then ICP.
>
> - proxy-only specifies that objects from the remote cache should not be saved
>locally.
>
>So, if you need those : the question is the reverse. Why do you think
>that is a better situation for you ?
>
>M.

Frankly I really don't know if htcp is better then ICP while configuring
the best coz all of the caches servers are on the same network/switch.

I thinks there is some sorta lack of communication probably from my side
coz I'm not native ya ;)

So what you suggest may I use ICP or HTCP protocol while configuring
cache_peer , sibling relationship b/w the cache servers.

Thanks and regards

Askar