[squid-users] Determining "who is online"

From: Douglas Lane <doug@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 17:06:12 +0200

Hi all,

I am looking for a solution that will allow me to see "who is online" using
my proxy server. The proxy server is setup to use authentication. What I
want is a utility that will show me who is logged onto the squid server with
their username and ip address.

I suppose I could build a script that monitors the access.log file pulling
all the user names, and then matching up an IP address, and finally showing
it on the console. But how accurate would it be? How would I know when
someone stops accessing it? Or should I then match the IP address from the
log file to a "netstat -na | grep :3128" and establish whether the client is
online or offline.

Any ideas? Or anyone know of a program?

All help is appreciated!

Thanks