Re: Re: [squid-users] How to obtain auth mask by ie if the domain user haven't correct rights?

From: <eupec@dont-contact.us>
Date: 30 Mar 2005 15:25:53 -0000

-----Messaggio Originale-----
Da: hno@squid-cache.org
A: eupec@supereva.it
Data invio: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 00:56:47 +0200 (CEST)
Oggetto: Re: Re: [squid-users] How to obtain auth mask by ie if the domain user
[cut]
> haven't correct rights?
> I know the ISA Server behaviour.

::Hmm.. this is how it is supposed to work.
::
::Ah, no it doesn't for external acls, only proxy_auth.
[cut]
> You can open a feature request on Bugzilla.
::Yes, please do. Fixing this to also work on external acls
::like expected is
::pretty easy, but a bug report is needed to connect the
::patch to.

Hi Henrik, I'm going to open a feature request on Squid bug tracking system. Because it's my very first time with bugzilla, please let me know if it's all correct:

"Version: 2.5 Product: Squid
                 Component: auth (or feature?)
Platform: ALL OS: ALL
Severity: Normal

Description: When Squid use external_acl_type to check if an user is included in a specific Active Directory group domain, if no membership is found, internet explorer won't present the login mask for authentication: you must log-off and log-in in the domain with alternate username/password (with right group membership) to be able to surf the web. Microsoft ISA server, instead, make the browser prompts for username/password if the actual logged user has no correct membership."

Obviously, thanks for the work done with squid :)

Eupec

Scegli il tuo dominio preferito e attiva la tua email! Da oggi
l'eMail di superEva e' ancora piu' veloce e ricca di funzioni!
http://webmail.supereva.it/new/