RE: [squid-users] Measuring Squid Efficiency

From: Michael Pophal <michael.pophal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:47:57 +0200

The request hit rate ~39% is IMHO a pretty nice value, also the
bandwitdh savings!
As you have a cascade of proxies, you can try to increase your hit rate,
if you split the cached object size between parent and children caches.

I run a proxy cascade, where the parents cache objects larger than 8 KB
and the childs cache objects smaller than 8 KB. This avoids duplicated
object caching and could increase the hit rate a little bit.

The 'Proxy efficiency' tells you, that the proxy woks fast enough the
deliver objects faster from cache, than from the origin server. Of
course, this shoud be ;-) But on the outher hand you can figure out some
bottlenecks if it isn't.

Compared to the values I have on my cache cluster, I would say your
proxy works very well!

Regards Michael

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen / With kind regards
Michael Pophal