[squid-users] Password not accepted

From: <jens.kaireit@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 13:15:31 +0200

Hello,

i have a big problem. We are using Squid Cache: Version 2.3.STABLE4-hno.CVS
on SuSe Linux as proxy server with ncsa_auth.

Since a few day's we have a problem with authentication. It works all fine
a lot of hours and then a lot of poeple calling, that they can't access the
internet.
They will enter their username and password and the popup will come back.
After 3 failed logins they will get the error message "Cache Access Denied"
Then they will try again for 3 or 10 times and the login will work again.
This happens maybe 5 times a day.
We have 1500 users on two proxy-servers.

I hope someone can help.

Jens