Re: [squid-users] Strange squid crashes

From: Joost de Heer <sanguis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 21:36:37 +0200 (CEST)

> On 05.04 17:49, Joost de Heer wrote:
>> Problem was indeed (as Marc Elsen pointed out) a filesystem problem with
>> Solaris. I've solved it by running newfs (byebye cache...) and after
>> that
>> tunefs. I should've checked the FAQ better.... it just was in a place
>> where I didn't look ('System-dependant weirdness'->Solaris).
>
> Pardon me, but: did you make sure that it was Solaris problem BEFORE you
> removed the cache, or just after it?

After Marc pointed me to the FAQ, I read the thing, saw in
/var/adm/messages the exact errors given in the FAQ, and thus concluded it
was this problem. I first tried just tunefs, with no result, so after that
I did a newfs, tunefs, and then recreated the cache dirs with 'squid -z'.
It's happily serving requests again (and happily serving happy users in
the US who won't need to use a cache in the Netherlands anymore...)

Joost