[squid-users] Re: Simple Squid and Server 2003 authentication?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 23:01:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 radel@inet.net.nz wrote:

> Can you please point me to a HOWTO for setting up Squid to authenticate
> against a Windows 2003 Server, please?

The Squid FAQ section on using wibind covers the Squid parts.

The Samba team also have a very good document on how to configure the
Samba side of things for working with MS AD environments.

There is a known interoperability issue between Samba and Windows 2003
SP1, and Samba-3.0.14 is scheduled in a few days to fix this

   http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2005-April/040248.html

so you may want to wait for this Samba release if you are running Windows
2003 SP1 on your domain controllers.