[squid-users] Squid Authing

From: Mark McCorkle <mccorkle@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 18:09:59 -0400

I see a lot of emails in this list that hit around what I'm trying to do
-- so I think I just need some education -- but I've been trying to get
a good answer from "Squid: The Definative Guide" and from the FAQ for
the last few hours, and I'm coming up dry.

I have a custom built ACL helper (squid_acl.pl) and a custom built
redirector (squid_redirector.pl). I want squid_redirector.pl to behave
differently the first time that a user auths against squid_acl.pl (I'm
redirecting the users to a new url after their first request, but never
after). The problem that I'm having is that I can't figure out how to
tell the difference between the true "first" hit against squid_acl.pl
(when the user's session is brand new) and when successive requests are
happeneing. I'm seeing squid_acl.pl hit every time the user asks for a
resource. Config parts that I think are applicable are below. Can
someone point me toward some enlightenment? TIA.

::Mark McCorkle

Snippets from squid.conf:

redirect_program /opt/myapp/squid_redirector.pl
redirect_children 10
<SNIP>
auth_param basic program /opt/myapp/squid_acl.pl
auth_param basic children 10
auth_param basic realm My Realm
auth_param basic credentialsttl 5 seconds
acl KnownUsers proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access allow KnownUsers