Re: [squid-users] Squid Authing

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 01:09:46 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Mark McCorkle wrote:

> to a new url after their first request, but never after). The problem that
> I'm having is that I can't figure out how to tell the difference between the
> true "first" hit against squid_acl.pl (when the user's session is brand new)
> and when successive requests are happeneing.

You have to remember that you have seen this user already, emulating some
kind of session ontop of the users requests. This is most easily done by
building an external acl helper keeping track of the user session in some
kind of database/registry.

There is no session as such in HTTP to rely upon. Only requests/responses
where requests may be authenticated.