Re: [squid-users] Download decision by filesize?

From: Christian Völker <cvoelker@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 17:27:38 +0200

Yohoo!

>> Via address 1 should go the "normal" hhtp-requests. But if there are
>> filesizes from 50MB and up, we want to use the other IP-address.
>
> This is hard as the filesize is only known "after the fact". Not prior
> to making the request.

Ok, I've expected, that there will be no chance.

> What you can do is guessing based on the file extension or similar.
> But this is a somewhat daunting task..

No way- .iso would be great, but there are also .exe and .zip, which I
want to go through the virusscan.

I've found my way now:
I've defined the admin-PC as an acl and used the "always_direct"
statement as workaround. Of course, the routing-table have to match.

THX for help.