Re: [squid-users] Web Page fetching

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 20:40:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005, Wennie V. Lagmay wrote:

> I've heard that normally cache/proxy fetches 4 objects per browser request.

No, but the browser opens up to 4 concurrent connections to the proxy.

> Is there an option in squid cache/proxy for object fetching?

The closes there are is the pipeline_prefetch directive, normally
disabled. If enabled Squid will fetch up to two requests in parallell per
client connection if the client pipelines requests to the proxy (sending
more requests on the same connection without waiting for the response on
the first).