Re: [squid-users] Feeding a file to squid's storage without intruping the squid

From: Ali Nikneshan <nikneshan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 10:57:43 +0430

> > Is there any way to feed a file to squid over the network?
> > any suggestion?
> > I think one way is modifying squid source, may be http.c for redirecting squid
> > to a specific location instead of the Main server in the URL?
>
> cache_peer + cache_peer_access can do this without having to modify
> things..
>
> Regards
> Henrik

Let me explain the situations:
we have 2 line to internet on is weak but standard. a squid manage this line
there is another line which is not TCP/IP protocol, (there is a new
experimental protocol there), I want to transfer HOT OBJECT via this
line and feed it to squid or another modified instance of squid which
will be cache_peer to the main squid.

a bit complicated! ha! :lol:
there is a client program which save hot objects to a special directory.
questions are
1. how to find hot-objects and their expiration dates?
2. is there any way to feed a file with known url saving in the HDD to
squid? maybe modifind Http.c could be help.

--
Best Regards,
Ali Nikneshan