[squid-users] Transparent proxy issues...

From: Jon Newman <jnewman@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 16:25:48 -0500 (CDT)

Ok, I have squid and dansguardian setup and running. If I configure my
client pc to use its IP address for as a proxy, it works fine, and I can
see the various entries both in squids and dansguardians log files.
However, when I try to force it to transparently proxy, it does not work.
I do see the entries in dansguardians log files for the request, but it
does not complete the transfer on the client pc. Here is the command I
issue to try and force the client to use the proxy:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -s x.x.x.x/32 -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT
--to-port 8080
'x.x.x.x' = client pc ip address

Some additional information, here is the basic setup as to how my routing
works:
[CUSTOMER]<-->[TRANSPARENT PROXY]<--->[INTERNET]
Pretty basic and simple. Can anyone point out something I may be doing
wrong? Also, the same issue occurs when I redirect the customer to squid
as opposed to dansguardian (ie: it stalls, no data is transferred).

Thanks in advance.

Jon