RE: [squid-users] SquidNT - Running it for the first time

From: Ben Wylie <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:28:25 +0100

>As noted in win32-relnotes.html, in You must ALWAYS specify both -f and -i
>options if you want to change the squid.conf default path:
>"The service installation is made with -i command line switch, it's
>possible to use -f switch at the same time for specify a different
>config-file settings for the Squid Service that is stored on Registry."
>
>Please note: the SSL build is EXPERIMENTAL.

Thanks for the helpful hints.

I have downloaded the alternative stable package:
squid-2.5.STABLE9-NT-bin.zip

I am now using the -f switch correctly I hope. After fixing a few more
errors in the squid.conf file I have managed to get it working.

The only think I can't do at the moment is uninstall an instance of the
service called squidntt. I have the two copies, one as squidnt and one as
squidntt. When I uninstall squidntt it actually removes squidnt. Then if I
try removing squidntt it says it couldn't open the service:

F:\squid\sbin>squid -r squidntt
Service SquidNT deleted successfully.

F:\squid\sbin>squid -r squidntt
OpenService failed

Is there a way to remove the squidntt copy? It can start and function fine,
but I'd prefer it not to be there at all, especially knowing that I can't
remove it at the moment.

Thanks
Ben

PS Someone is harvesting the email addresses on this list to spam to. If
you're reading this ... please stop!