RE: [squid-users] SquidNT - Running it for the first time

From: Serassio Guido <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:59:46 +0200

Hi Ben,

At 12.28 13/04/2005, Ben Wylie wrote:

> >As noted in win32-relnotes.html, in You must ALWAYS specify both -f and -i
> >options if you want to change the squid.conf default path:
> >"The service installation is made with -i command line switch, it's
> >possible to use -f switch at the same time for specify a different
> >config-file settings for the Squid Service that is stored on Registry."
> >
> >Please note: the SSL build is EXPERIMENTAL.
>
>Thanks for the helpful hints.
>
>I have downloaded the alternative stable package:
>squid-2.5.STABLE9-NT-bin.zip
>
>I am now using the -f switch correctly I hope. After fixing a few more
>errors in the squid.conf file I have managed to get it working.
>
>The only think I can't do at the moment is uninstall an instance of the
>service called squidntt. I have the two copies, one as squidnt and one as
>squidntt. When I uninstall squidntt it actually removes squidnt. Then if I
>try removing squidntt it says it couldn't open the service:
>
>F:\squid\sbin>squid -r squidntt
>Service SquidNT deleted successfully.
>
>F:\squid\sbin>squid -r squidntt
>OpenService failed
>
>Is there a way to remove the squidntt copy? It can start and function fine,
>but I'd prefer it not to be there at all, especially knowing that I can't
>remove it at the moment.

Command line options are not your best ... :-)

You must use the -n option to remove non standard instance:

squid -r -n squidntt

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1 10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135 Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/