[squid-users] How can I tell squid to fetch an object from a backend-webserver only once a time during a refresh ?

From: Oliver Joa <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:37:52 +0200 (CEST)

Hi, this is a forward of a colleague:

Hi everybody,

I'm using squid-2.5STABLE6 as accelerator.

Let's say we have a URL which is requested 10-times a second.
The object is cached for let's say 5 seconds via Date and Expire Header
set by the backend-webserver. The creation of the object in the
webserver takes 2 seconds.
In the event of an expire, squid requests this object 20times from the
backend-server.
Is it possible that only the first request blocks until the webserver
creates the object and the other 19 requests are served by squid with
stale-objects ?

Best regards

--Andi