RE: [squid-users] infamous "zero-sized reply"

From: Elsen Marc <elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 14:30:49 +0200

> I have a very serious problem with the above. We have been
> running squid
> for approx 2 years with no problems. I am now getting "zero
> sized reply"
> from one web site which we need access to. I have followed
> all the advice
> on the FAQ and various other replies but it still persists.
> All other web
> sites are fine, or at least no user has complained.
>
> I do have a pix firewall as do my other offices. I can
> access the site
> through any of these(no proxy). When I remove my proxy(red hat 9 +
> squid-2.5.STABLE1-2) from this office I can also access the
> web site. From
> my proxy I can resolve it's address and telnet to it but I
> cannot access it
> from internet explorer.

  Note that a proxy can or usually will include more request headers,
due to its reason of existence (having to deal with caching params).

 Pix has been known in some cases, to wrongly handle http passing stuff
 when , if I remeber correctly, a header did not fix in one packet
 or something like that. Or it had something to do ,with the order
 that squid used to send the headers (vaque memories).

 I thought later versions of squid had workarounds for this issue.

 Please use the latest STABLE release and verify this problem
 again.

 M.