[squid-users] Slow response from proxy

From: Arvind Kumar Gupta <arvind@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 22:15:32 +0530 (IST)

I am using Squid on Win 2000 with 2MBPS leased line with Cisco 2621 router.
In normal circumstance everything works fine but when no. of proxy
requests increases, response becomes very poor and almost every page times
out. This happens particulary on days when there is cricket match between
India and some country.
I have checked everything. There is no question of proxy overload as we
can browse local web servers through proxy with fantastic response.
Internet bandwidth usage is not more than 10-20% (checked thru MRTG).
Cisco router is OK, as I have checked CPU and memory usage and there is no
abnormal thing. Next culprit may be ISP router but when I connect it
through dial-up, response is OK. So where is the problem?
Any clue is welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Arvind