[squid-users] ACL Block HTTP allow HTTPS

From: Rob Yamry <rob.yamry@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 15:49:58 -0500

I have a redirect going from http://site.domain.com to
https://secure-site.domain.com . The redirect is now working fine and
I would like to block http (unsecure) access to
secure-site.domain.com. Here is the jist of my squid.conf:

acl accel_hosts dst site.domain.com
acl accel_hosts dst secure-site.domain.com

acl block_unsecure_dom dstdom_regex secure-site.domain.com
acl SSL_ports port 443

http_access deny block_unsecure_dom !SSL_ports
http_access allow accel_hosts
http_access deny all

When I reconfigure squid, everything is blocked, including SSL to the
host secure-site.domain.com. The error msg is:

ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://secure-site.domain.com

The following error was encountered:

Access Denied.
Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed
at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is
incorrect.

NOTICE! that the url it is trying to retrive is
http://secure-site.domain.com NOT https://secure-site.domain.com .
Whats going on with this?

-Rob