Re: [squid-users] Configuring authentication with ldap_auth and two domains?

From: Matthias Dettling <m-dettling@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 18:30:54 +0200

D & E Radel schrieb:
>> The second problem was the way of reading the input from stdin.
>> I have here a complete script which should also work at your site.

>> #!/bin/sh
>>
>> # read from stdin until EOF is received
>> while read INP; do
>> DOMAIN1=`echo $INP | /usr/lib/squid/ldap_auth ...`
>> DOMAIN2=`echo $INP | /usr/lib/squid/ldap_auth ...`
>>
>> if [ "$DOMAIN1" == "OK" ]; then
>> echo "OK"
>> elif [ "$DOMAIN2" == "OK" ]; then
>> echo "OK"
>> else
>> echo "ERR"
>> fi
>> done
>>
>> I hope this helps.
>> Please let me know your results.
>>
>> Regards
>> Matthias
>

> Wooohooo!!!!!!! Success!!!! Thanks a heap Matthias!!!! This solution
> should be in the FAQ or docs. :-)
>
> Many, many thanks man!
>
> Do you know anything about the squid_ldap_group program? I have tried so
> many things but cannot get an "OK" from it. Do you have any samples that
> work? Or any idea on how to run from the commandline? We are trying to
> allow block access to certain sites to a certain group, but not another
> group. Am I too ambitious? ;-)
>
> Regards,
> grolschie

Congratulation!
I have no idea who is responsible for the FAQ / doc section. Perhaps the
person in charge reads this, too.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about squid_ldap_group, except that
it exists. So I don't have samples about it.
But I have seen a nice page, which perhaps can help you further:
http://kb.papercutsoftware.com/Main/ConfiguringSquidProxyToAuthenticateWithActiveDirectory
As I see things, the document also discusses your plans.

Regards
Matthias