[squid-users] Windows Permissions through Squid

From: Ben Wylie <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 01:41:36 +0100

On our webserver I have some pages which I want you to have to log on, to be
able to access them. This is done by setting the permissions on the files so
that only a particular user (not iusr_server which is the anonymous web
user). When not using the proxy it pops up a box and prompts you for a
username and password. However when going via the proxy this doesn't happen.
I have seen lots of information about authentication settings - are they
anything to do with this? Is it possible to authenticate yourself with
windows, via a proxy, in this way?

Thanks
Ben