RE: [squid-users] Windows Permissions through Squid

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:53:49 -0800

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-11.html#ss11.14

In short, Microsoft broke web standards (again) with NTLM authentication of
web pages. One workaround that I have read about is using SSL. By doing
so, the authentication should work just fine (and it seems to me that you
would want authentication to go over an encrypted channel regardless).

Chris