RE: [squid-users] DNS/Domain Blocklists

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:48:20 -0800

Use dstdom acls instead of url_regex. If you put a period in front of the
url (e.g. .blockedsite.com) it will block the domain and any sub-domains.
It's also MUCH better from a performance standpoint, though I have no idea
how it will handle 9mb of domains... It almost sounds like you would be
better off with either a white list, or a service to do the blocking for
you.

Chris