Re: [squid-users] access.log equivalent for server side

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 01:58:23 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, Thien Vu wrote:

> The response time between the proxy and the actual server that is
> performing the data.

The response time in access.log is as close as you get on a per-request
basis. As Squid does not buffer the whole response (only 16KByte) this
actually gets quite close.

> I'm using squid as an authentication only proxy. No caching. I have
> many rules and want to see what type of overhead internally squid has.

This is very hard to measure outside a testbench.

> Or to put it another way -- I can get total client wait time by
> looking at access.log, I want to see how much of that wait is between
> the server and the proxy. Then subtract those two numbers to get an
> idea of how much overhead squid has.

Provided your Squid is properly configured and you are not running out of
CPU this should be close to 0.