Re: [squid-users] trying to get rid of inktomi traffic server

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 02:24:17 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, maverick 72 wrote:

> How does Inktomi traffic server manages to get it to work??? Would
> you know why?? Has I read it couldn't be done.

It can be done. Just hasn't been done in Squid yet.

To get it done Hire a developer to implement what we call "connection
pinning" in squid. Details on what is required to make this work can be
found in the squid-dev archives.

> The thing I managed to found out is that websense (that we use) HAS a
> module that permits the ntlm (Agent DC). What I haven't found out is
> if we do have or not this module in production :)

This is something different entirely. It is about clients authenitcating
to websense allowing you to specify different policies for different
users.