RE: [squid-users] IIS 6.0 and cachemgr.cgi issue

From: Jeroen DEMETS - SAVACO <jeroen.demets@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 11:49:28 +0200

>I have done the following:
>- Cretated a cgi-bin virtual dir with CGI execute permissions
>- Added the cachemgr.cgi web extension to IIS6 and authorized to be
loaded
>- Remove Anonymous access from cgi-bin virtual dir and enabled
integrated
>(or basic) auth.
>- Committed IIS6 config to disk (right mouse click on machine name in
the
>II6 console) and restarted the web service.
>
>Regards

>Guido

Hi Guido,

I've tried again on another IIS 6.0 on another server but still the same
error. I do think that you also changed the document tab to have
cachemgr.cgi in it? Maybe that's the difference? I had to enable a
default content page and set cachemgr.cgi there. You didn't have to?

I added the cachemgr.cgi to the web service extension list. Instead of
allowing the "all unknown CGI extensions" I added cachemgr.cgi. I also
tried with cachemgr.exe (renamed the file) because the wizard also talks
about CGI EXE scripts.
This didn't help either.

Our servers are running w2k3 with the latest hotfixes, just not SP1.
I've found a Microsoft KB Article about it: 145661:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;145661

There I notice that after " The specified CGI application misbehaved by
not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.", they have "The headers
it did return are:" but I don't have that last part.

Best regards,
Jeroen.