RE: [squid-users] IIS 6.0 and cachemgr.cgi issue

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:25:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, Jeroen DEMETS - SAVACO wrote:

> Our servers are running w2k3 with the latest hotfixes, just not SP1.
> I've found a Microsoft KB Article about it: 145661:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;145661

Interesting.. their suggestion on the headers to return given in this
document is not CGI compliant.

A CGI compliant version of their example would be

print "Status: 200 OK\n";
print "Content-Type: text/html\n";

where the first line is optional (default if not given).

I wonder if IIS6 really implements the CGI interface or if they have
diverted using their own variant again... Their example is somewhat
reasonable for a NPH script extept that some required HTTP headers is
missing
for being a NPH script, but at all reasonable for CGI.

The CGI "current practice" standard is documented in RFC3875, available
from http://www.squid-cache.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~squid3/doc/rfc/rfc3875.txt
or your favorite Internet RFC mirror

There is however one relevant bug in cachemgr.cgi. It outputs \r\n line
endings in the header section where CGI mandates \n line endings. And if
the Windows version outputs in ascii mode then this risks getting even
worse (\r\r\n) quite likely confusing matters.